Sunday, July 29, 2012

The July Haircut

Welcome Back To The Pixie Revolution.





I want to thank everyone who has stopped by to our blog and checked out what I've got up so far in it's first couple of days.

Not only have I been working dilligently to go thru all of the zip drives and memory cards that we have from our digital camera's, but my wife has gotten in on this project too by going thru memory card after memory card looking for pictures that I have taken of my wife's hair since 2006.

Besides me being a hair enthusiast, my wife is an advid photographer, so you can imagine how many memory cards and zip drives that we have over the years.

Right now we are about at 80% as far as hair pics found.

After talking it over with my wife we both agreed the best way to start showing everyone her hair pictures is to go with the most recent pictures from my wife's haircut and color that was done on July 5th 2012.

After that I plan on taking you back to haircut flashbacks over the next weeks and months to keep everyone occupied between my wife's 6-8 week cuts.

So here they are the very first batch of pictures I'm sharing with you all.
I know once I share this, my wife's pics are going to circulate through out the internet.
My wife is fine with sharing her pictures and thinks that it is important to show her face with this cut to get the full spectrum of the style, and by blurring the face or only showing side and back views you arent going to be able to appreciate the cut as much. If it were an angled bob maybe we could pull off side and back views only, but this is my wife's decision so we are going to go with it and be thankful.

Seeing it was cut about a month ago, I'm going to do my best to recollect how it was cut and the story behind it.

Back in March my wife had tried for the first time a sidecut buzz hairstyle ( pictures will be forthcoming)
My wife liked it but how it was cut my wife felt it looked like a Nike Swoosh. I liked it alot but thought it could had been buzzed up slightly higher on the side and then the longer hair brought down over the buzzed part and cut into wispy strands instead of cutting a weight line along the sides right where the buzzed part stops.
The back was cut perfectly though. We used this picture below and the stylist gave my wife an undercut by about 3 inches and then left the longer hair over. I loved how it looked and felt. And My wife noted how she loved when she got out of the salon how the overlapping hair felt laying on top of her buzzed nape.


Unfortunately the Nike side Swoosh negative outweighed the incredible undercutpositive and my wife quickly grew tired of it.
May came and my wife got it cut much shorter in the back and blended and lost the undercut. The side buzz had grew in and she got that blended too in the May cut.

Neither one of us were crazy about the May cut and my wife soon decided the next step was to go back to the Jenna Elfman cut but also incorporate Pink's haircut too.  I found my wife tons of Pink pictures an she brought them to the stylist for this July cut. My wife also got the idea to get her hair highlighted to have more blonde. She thought about getting a platnium all over color but we were both on the fence on how that would look so she decided to get alot of blonde highlights.

In case you are all wondering my wife's natural hair color is dirty/sandy blonde. The nape can look light brown though in certain pictures. When light shines on it though you can see it's dark blonde.

So with that my wife brought her stylist thre pictures of Jenna Elfman and Pink's haircut and color.
I luckily arrived at the salon right when the stylist was about to go over my wife's nape with the clippers one more time. When I got there and came up to the station area, I quickly noticed how high up the stylist had already buzzed my wife's hair. I also noticed a slight angle to it which made me absolutely thrilled when I saw it. The other thing I instantly noticed was how the longer newly bleached blonder hair and how it contrasted with my wife's nape hair color. It was a sight to behold.
The one thing I do wish was i had arrived to see the inital buzzing just to see her take it up as high as she did. Besides the undercut buzz from back in March, this just might be the highest my wife's hair has ever been buzzed up to. As you can see by the pictures it's buzzed up way above her ears and is probably about 3 inches below her crown. I never thought I'd see it buzzed up that high. While I do favor longer overlapping hair or a nice defined shelf in back to play with it the idea of running my hands up the back of my wife's neck and head and not feeling longer hair until almost her crown is definetly a turn on. Over all the buzzed area is buzzed to a short # 3. And long #2 in some areas. As you can see in the nape pics it is blended very well between those two clipper lengths.
So that's where we are at right now.

Here are the pictures from the July 5th cut and color:



























I do know my wife plans on letting the front grow longer. Overall this July cut has been my favorite of my wife's pixie cuts.  Other than maybe trying to get her to get it a little longer in back and do the undercut longer strands on the crown area I'd say this is perfection for us. And I dont want to mess wirth perfection. My wife has thrown out the idea of going blonder and has also said she is open to another sidebuzz cut. But is afraid it will look like a Nike Swoosh again.

I'm trying to find pics that show a side buzz that doesnt make a shelf to show her. If she doesnt want to try it though I wont be devestated.

Well what does everyone think?
Do you think Mrs Mac should go blonder?
Do you think she should keep it that short in back or grow the back crown area down and do the undercut again?
Let us know what you all think.
It's been a month since this cut and I know my wife will be do in for her next cut by September.


5 comments:

Mr Perfect Cut said...

Mac & Mrs Mac,

Thanks for all the photos of the July cut and color. Its great to see a cut from all sides and detail. As to what I think - I think you have a GREAT wife, I wish Mrs PC was as active a participant in her cuts and colors. She is not quite as interested in hair as I am BUT of recent that has allowed me to have my way. She has been agreeing to just about anything I suggest. I think Mrs Mac should go blonder but maybe multiple variations of blonde - you can always go monolithic blonde or platinum later.

I love the way Mrs Mac styles her part-side hair forward - it sets the tone for the entire haircut. I would encourage the right side bangs to grow MUCH longer. Keep trimming left side and nape but let the right side bang grow as long as the Mrs can tolerate it. This is your opportunity, so take advantage of it.

My plan for a side-shave/undercut on Mrs PC is to place it UNDER the long side so that it is not so visible at first so that she can used to the idea and look BEFORE we make a visible one.

Great start Mac. Keep up the good work and I will be checking in each day.

Perfect-Cut

wayner222 said...

Hey John
Thanks for all the great pix of your wife's cut. I like the back short and neat, also like the multi-colored blonde. Mrs 222 is also sporting a very short and very neat pixie right now and I love it. I only wish she was as enthusiastic about it as Mrs Mac. Fortunately we have a great stylist who helps me out big time. Good job, I'll be stopping around regularly.
Wayner

Unknown said...

Thank You Perfect cut and Wayner for your input. I'm sure Mrs. Mac will be happy to hear your kind comments. Perfect Cut: I think your wife's current Robyn inspired cut is really fantastic. Looking forward to see your plan for her hair unfold. Wayner: I agree with you a nicely outlined nape and very short buzzed back are key to a great hairstyle. Something about the contrast between the short back and the top and front being longer get's me every time.

Enzo and Anna said...

A great set of photos! Kudos to Mrs Mac for being patient and posing for the camera. One of my biggest challenges is getting Anna to pose for pictures, so I can appriciate the quantity of photos. I love the current color of Mrs. Mac's hair. The blond highlights on top with dark nape is stunning. Really accentuates a great cut.
Thanks for sharing the photos

Enzo

Anonymous said...

Great haircut on your wife. Love the color too. You asked if she should go blonder. If its only blond like the blond she has now but all over, I say no. I like the multi color better I think. But, if its more of a platinum blond, then I say do it. Again, she looks great and thanks.